We have a ways to go to catch up to all that good stuff going on over there (that's a yoga/dance floor on the back left, a music nook on the far right, and a long dining hall in the loft upstairs--not to mention the invisible infrastructure of effective collective good will!) but it's encouraging to see all this and get back into the thick of transformations at Home. In fact, things have already changed a good deal since that 'before' photo. We've cleared the floor and organized the storage area in back; with some furniture coming out to create a modest 'living room' space where we can begin to gather, relax, and hold meetings.
In fact, our first, official, full contingent, team meeting is scheduled here shortly, and we'll snag an audio recording to pass along. It will be a chance to check in with everyone on a little deeper level, speaking from the heart about identity, motives, hesitation / challenge, and aspiration. This will be a fairly regular--though not strictly enforced--feature for us, in order to discover and strengthen core coherence and synergy throughout the range of our common interests and interaction. With practice, there is a seamless bridge between sharing of intimate personal perceptions / reflections, and fluid consensus for cooperative action items and practical detail. This is the Way of Council, generally speaking, and goes by other names too. We'll get back to that one later.
Some other notes and novelties:
- we've begun collecting rain water, and also enjoyed a successful test of a solar oven contraption for a fresh spelt-honey-miso loaf yesterday afternoon
- we've finished clearing "hurricane debris" and resetting some skewed foundations beneath the barn, where floodwaters swamped in after last summer's Irene remnants--now beginning to look like future office space, bunkhouse, and/or commercial kitchen!
- a new member of the crew has checked in and will be joining us full-time by end of the month: Lee is bringing an exceptional blend of machinist and brewing skills, farm market management experience, and musical abilities
- begun trail-building along the creek, making it about 50 yards to a nice shady hammock site, and, well, that will do for a jumping-off and settling-in point...
- exploring a few new online tools for collaborative documentation and tracking
- getting ready for a greenhouse relocation work party June 3rd
We are cruising right along, accelerating into the green Growing season, synchronizing spiritedly...planning your visit yet ?!